To track someone is to pursue or locate someone by searching for evidence indicating where they have gone.
Tracking someone who is traveling is commonly done using Google maps. Google maps is a digital mapping platform that provides satellite imaging and route planning for travelers that go by foot, automobile, plane, or public transportation.
This article will go over how to track your friends with Google maps and other various ways you can track someone apart from Google maps.
Track your friends journey with Google maps
Google map Overview
Google Maps is a software app that is available on every device. However, only a few are aware of using it to track someone’s smartphone. Nowadays, you can let any contact of your choice view your current location while on the road; from the start of your navigation.
Google Maps now includes a function that allows you to share your trip with others by simply giving them a link. It’s a feature that consumers of services like Uber have had for a long time. This extremely helpful function is also quite simple to utilize, so let’s go through the fundamentals.
This feature is essential if you want to keep track of your friends, family, or partner’s whereabouts while they are traveling. It’s also ideal for informing you when they arrive at their destination. Here’s how they can share their trip with you:
- Launch Google Maps.
- Select a location.
- Begin your journey
- Swipe up on the toolbar in the lower-left corner.
- Tap on “Share trip progress”
- Share the link!
Once they share the link, you have to click on it to check their live trip status. Note; Just be careful who you share this information with because they are essentially giving you a live GPS tracker, which might be exploited.
The travel, as well as the live tracking, will end once they arrive at their destination. So they don’t have to do anything once they’ve decided not to share the information anymore.
Here’s how you can track your friends using Google Maps.
Open Google Maps on your iPhone or Android device
Tap your avatar in the top right corner of the screen. Tap “Location sharing.” in the pop-up menu.
At the bottom of the screen, you’ll find a list of everyone who is currently sharing their location with you. Tap the entry to see someone’s exact location, and the map will zoom in on their location.
On the next screen, you may specify the time frame you wish to track that person’s whereabouts.
You can increase the time by tapping the plus icon and decrease it by tapping the minus icon. Simply select the Until you turn this off the option to track the position constantly.
However, once selected, other sharing options like WhatsApp, Telegram, email, Bluetooth, and so on will be removed, and the link to track position can only be provided via message. We’re using the Until you turn this off option in this situation.
After selecting your contact from the target device, you may receive a pop-up indicating that the contact is not associated with your Google account. Simply press the OK button.
Now, tap Send, and finally, send the prepared link to yourself from the messaging app.
Now, you may click the link to see that person’s current location from your phone whenever you want.
It is also possible to send the position from within the Maps app. In this situation, the target device will send you a notification to your phone.
Sending the location is also accessible from within the Maps app. In this situation, you will receive a notification from the target device on your phone.
The Maps app will open with your friend’s location when you tap on that notification. You may also instantly get directions to their location by pressing the Directions option.
You can also track someone through Google maps but now through WhatsApp;
- Open the target device’s WhatsApp account and start a conversation with your friend.
- Now, hit the attach symbol and select the Location option at the bottom.
- Tap the share live location option on the following page. Make sure you don’t select send my current location instead. Otherwise, you’ll just be able to view the position of where the phone was at the moment.
The disadvantage with this option is that it can fake the target person’s location, as the current location option will only show you where they were when they disclosed their location to you. You won’t be able to track them in real-time, unlike with the live location option.
- Now, choose the time you want to track the location and press the send button.
- The next step is to open the target person’s WhatsApp chat on your cell phone. In the location message you just sent from their phone to yourself, tap View live location.
- Then, tap on the profile icon for that person on the map.
- Then, select the GET DIRECTIONS option.
- Select the Maps app to view your friend’s device’s position on Google Maps.
- Finally, you will see the target device’s current location. You can also acquire instructions for their location, similar to the first technique.
- The task has been completed. You may now trace the location of your friend’s mobile.
Other ways to track someone’s journey
Spyera (Third-party app)
Spyera, as the name implies, is a spy application and a phone number tracker that allows you to trace someone’s location using a cell phone number. It allows you to monitor people’s phone actions remotely. It works with Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows PC, and Mac OS.
Spyera should be used as follows:
- Purchase a license for the app from its official website.
- Install the app on the target device.
- Open your Spyera web interface and track the whereabouts of your friend.
- Spyera accesses the data by using GPS on your friend’s device and sending it to your web panel. If the target device lacks GPS, the application will use the Wi-Fi connection to gather the data and send it to the web panel. Spyera is accessible for both Android and iOS devices.
This way, you can keep track of their location and their journey.
Using “find my app.”
You can use the Find My app to track someone’s location, but the person you wish to track must already share their location with you. This is a critical security element of most location-sharing apps.
To track someone’s whereabouts using Find My on an Apple smartphone, follow these steps:
- Open Find My “People” Tap
- Tap the name of the individual you wish to track.
- If your friend can be found, you will see them on the map.
Mobile number location-tracking apps
The most recent technology has made it quite simple to only key in the phone number and discover someone’s location. Phone tracking apps like “Spyic” use platforms like Google Maps and the Sim Card to establish the most exact position of the targeted individuals.
Using “Spyic” on iOS is simple because no program needs to be installed on the target iPhone. To access the location using “Spyic,” the user merely needs to enter their iCloud account and password on the applicable page.
The mechanism for tracking the position of an Android phone differs slightly. On the device, the user must manually install a little app. The user merely needs to enter the unknown user’s phone number on the website, and the service will reveal all the details.
Based on your preference, there are numerous effective ways to explore that can help you track your friend’s journey. As we seek modern, smart, and quick solutions to our problems, tracking programs have become an integral element of the modern world.