Crackers are a perfect snack for hiking, and this is because they are packed with calories that will provide you with energy that will help you keep your energy levels steady while on the trail before main meals.
Proper fueling your body before, during, and after hiking is crucial for any hike. Failure to plan for appropriate hiking nutrition can cause bonking, dehydration, or hunger causing a horrible experience where you had expected some fun.
To keep your body fueled during the hike, you will need some light snacks high in calories, and you will never go wrong with the crackers named below.
List of High-Calorie Crackers
- Triscuit Original Whole-Grain Wheat Crackers-120 calories
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Super Seed Classic-150 Calories
- Back to Nature Whole Lotta Seeds Crackers-150calories
- CrunchMaster Multi-Grain Sea Salt crackers-120 calories
- Almond Flour Classic Crackers-120 calories
- Simple Mills Rosemary & Sea Salt Almond Flour Crackers-150 calories
- Real Food From The Ground Up Cauliflower Crackers-100 calories
- Annie’s Whole Wheat Bunnies-140calories
- Ritz crackers-80 calories
- Wheat thins-130 calories
- List of High-Calorie Crackers
- Triscuit Original Whole-Grain Wheat Crackers – 120 calories
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Super Seed Classic – 150 Calories
- Back to Nature Whole Lotta Seeds Crackers – 150calories
- CrunchMaster Multi-Grain Sea Salt crackers – 120 calories
- Ritz crackers – 80 calories
- Almond Flour Classic Crackers – 120 calories
- Simple Mills Rosemary & Sea Salt Almond Flour Crackers – 150 calories
- Real Food From The Ground Up Cauliflower Crackers – 100 calories
- Annie’s Whole Wheat Bunnies – 140 calories
- Wheat Thins Original – 140 calories.
- Alternativ high-calorie snacks
- Why eat food with high calories when hiking/backpacking
Triscuit Original Whole-Grain Wheat Crackers – 120 calories
Triscuit Crackers are one of the best; it is made with three simple ingredients: whole grain, oil, and sea salt, to give a perfect flavor.
- The ingredients of these crackers include wheat, canola oil, and sea salt.
- A box weighs 12.s ounces.
- The package contains six crackers, and they all have 120 calories.
- The crackers are kosher and NON-GMO
- The cereals contain Gluten and celery.
Mary’s Gone Crackers Super Seed Classic – 150 Calories
For hikers looking to consume organic, plant-based, and Gluten-free crackers packed with calories, the above crackers are the best option for you.
- The pack contains six crackers with a total weight of 32 ounces
- All the crackers have 150 calories, but you will get 18g per cracker per serving.
- The crackers are gluten-free.
- The crackers contain three fatty acids per serving, 450mg omega acid, and 100% whole grain.
Back to Nature Whole Lotta Seeds Crackers – 150calories
These crackers are also plant-based, suitable for vegan hikers. They are made with an assortment of nutritious seeds.
- The key ingredients in these crackers are chia, hemp, flax, and poppy seeds.
- The package of 5 crackers has 150 calories.
- Their net weight is 5.5oz.
- They are Kosher and NON-GMO
CrunchMaster Multi-Grain Sea Salt crackers – 120 calories
These are also very nutritious vegan crackers for those hikers who are vegan. They are perfect as they don’t contain any trans fat, which is not suitable, especially for backpacking people.
- They are Gluten-free, NON-GMO, and vegan.
- They are made of 100% wheat.
- They don’t have any saturated or trans fat
- Each container has four crackers with a total of 120 calories.
- The main ingredients are Brown Rice flour, Whole Grain, yellow corn, and potato starch.
Ritz crackers – 80 calories
These crackers are one of the best for hiking and backpacking due to their high calories content though they are not a very healthy choice for people looking for healthy crackers because of their sugar content.
- Each pack has six crackers, and they all weigh 13.7oz
- They have a rich buttery flavor
- The main ingredient of these crackers is wheat flour
- A single cracker has 16 calories, and a box of five contains 80 calories.
- They contain high fructose corn syrup.
Almond Flour Classic Crackers – 120 calories
These crackers are the best for hikers on Keto diets who prefer low-carb crackers for their backpacking.
- They are made of Almond flour as the vital ingredient and are keto-friendly and Gluten-free.
- They are low in sodium.
- A pack of eight crackers contains 120 calories
- They are soy and corn free.
- They do not have added sugar
Simple Mills Rosemary & Sea Salt Almond Flour Crackers – 150 calories
These are also very nice gluten-free crackers packed with calories for your backpacking trips. They are perfect, especially for hikers who have allergies.
- The main ingredients are nuts; seeds added up with some almond flour.
- They are Gluten-free, NON-GMO, corn-free, and grain-free.
- The package weighs 0.8 pounds
- They are plant-based and paleo-friendly
- A pack of six crackers has 150 calories.
Real Food From The Ground Up Cauliflower Crackers – 100 calories
These are also plant-based crackers suitable for vegans. They are very healthy, light, and also packed with some calories.
- The main ingredients in these crackers are cauliflower, butternut squash, and also purple carrots
- They are Gluten-free, NON-GMO, and vegan.
- A pack of 6 crackers has a total of 100 calories.
Annie’s Whole Wheat Bunnies – 140 calories
For those people who tag their kids along to their hiking or backpacking escapades, then these crackers will be perfect for your kids as they are very nutritious and packed with calories to keep them energized throughout the journey.
- The main ingredient is whole wheat.
- The pack has 51 bunny-shaped crackers with a total of 140 calories.
- They don’t have artificial flavors or coloring, or preservatives.
Wheat Thins Original – 140 calories.
These crackers are also suitable for backpacking as they are packed with calories, but the only catch is that they are made with a somewhat high amount of sugar.
- They do not contain artificial colors or flavors
- They are made of whole wheat
- A pack of Wheat Thins has 140 calories
- They weigh 1.1 pounds
- They are cholesterol-free but high in fructose.
Alternativ high-calorie snacks
If you feel like crackers are not for you for one reason or another, here are some of the high calories snacks that you can go for:
- Macadamia nuts-718 Cal
- Pine nuts -673Cal
- Pecans-716 Cal
Why eat food with high calories when hiking/backpacking
Foods with high calories are suitable for hiking and backpacking because they will provide the energy you need for the hike and stay refueled.
- Hiking and backpacking can cause fatigue in the body, and hence you will need to be properly energized.
- High-calorie diet will ensure that you also stay healthy during the hike and that you are well replenished.
- Eating high-calorie food during the hike will also prevent you from hunger; after the hike, hunger is caused by not eating enough calories when hiking.
Crackers are great for keeping the body energized during hiking; there are healthy choices that don’t have added sugar and vegan and Gluten-free. So, if you are thinking of hiking /backpacking, do not sweat it out on finding suitable crackers; there is something for everybody.